Pages

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Five Years of the Haunts of Adelaide: History, Mystery and the Paranormal



Five Years of the Haunts of Adelaide: History, Mystery and the Paranormal

 

The Haunts of Adelaide: History, Mystery and the Paranormal turns 5 years old this week!

When I first started writing this blog back in 2012, I never foresaw myself writing it for 5 years! 

At the end of 2016, I had a little hiatus from writing, due to a number of other project taking up my time, but I returned at the beginning of 2017, and despite paranormal investigation, writing for MEGAscene, writing for the Kapunda History and Eidolon Paranormal blogs, working on the Developing the Ghosts & Ghouls Tour with Adelaide City Libraries, and studying two diplomas, I somehow found the time to keep this blog running…I’m not sure how I did it...passion, dedication, sheer determination, a love of history and writing? 
I’m not really sure myself, but here I am 5 years later still writing!
 So, I hope someone is still reading! (actually, I know exactly how many people read each story, Blogger tells me, and so far the most read story is this one: http://hauntedadelaide.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/muzyk-murder.html with just under 20, 000 reads).
On average the blog gets about 4000 reads a month, which isn’t bad I guess for a collection of South Australian based stories.
The audience is made of predominately readers in Australia. Outside of Australia, the top 10 list of reading countries where readers live, is as follows:  United States, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Canada, Poland and lastly India and China.

 The blog has led to many great discoveries, and some invitations, including it being archived by the National Library of Australia, and a recent invitation by Trove to write a guest blog – which is an amazing honour in my eyes, as Trove is probably the website I visit most outside of social media websites!
I do have future plans for the blog, which include going through and editing spelling and grammar errors from earlier posts, and adding the correct citations to photos and writings, but that will need to wait until my workload decreases just a little, as its just a little too much work right now!

Here are the top five most read blogs on the Haunts of Adelaide:




5.  Carclew House, Montefiore Hill,  “Sinister by Design” Part Two- http://hauntedadelaide.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/carclew-house-montefiore-hill-sinister.html

The least read blog surprised me a little bit, it’s a recent blog, so it’s numbers will most likely go up as its discovered, but as it sits at the moment  this is the least read blog post on the Haunts of Adelaide: http://hauntedadelaide.blogspot.com.au/2017/09/sir-arthur-conan-doyle-in-adelaide-part.html

I’d just like to say thank you to each and everyone one of you that takes the time to read my blog. I doubt I’ll still be writing it in another 5 years – but who knows!

Here’s to 5 years of The Haunts of Adelaide!

Thanks – Allen Tiller

No comments:

Post a Comment